Fugen Hannya Tom Pitner Roshi
- Fully Ordained Rinzai Zen Priest
- Certified Shadow Work® Coach
- Certified HBDI® Advanced Practitioner (Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument)
- Certified Full-Leader, Leader Trainer and Well-Being Chair for The ManKind Project®
- YPO (Young Presidents Organization) Consultant
- Bachelor of Arts, Kansas University; Communication Studies
- Master of Arts, Kansas University; Communication Studies, Human Resources Development concentration
As an award-winning educator, FuGen Tom Pitner has been learning, designing, and teaching transformational practices for over 25 years.
FuGen attended the very first Hollow Bones Retreat for the ManKind Project in September, 1999, and he’s been pioneering ever since. He is now the primary liaison between Hollow Bones and the ManKind Project, and he’s been instrumental in bringing state-of-the-art faciliation tools to both organizations.
He has inspired thousands of people toward new experiences of personal and organizational empowerment through a unique brand of Mondo Zen coaching and organizational consulting. Tom’s is an inside-out integrative approach. He focuses first on the individual, then on the problem or situation to be cleared.
FuGen founded Zen Four with an interest in the well-being of the whole individual and the organization. The practice is one of mindful awareness across four fundamentals: mental clarity, emotional intelligence, physical health, and spiritual well-being.
Raising the person or group’s state of consciousness to allow for greater understanding and an openness to learning is central to Tom’s practice. Each year, he donates up to 50% of his professional time to individuals and organizations that are working in support of more conscious living around the world.
FuGen is happily married. He lives with his wife and two teenagers just north of Berkeley, CA.